Wednesday 29th and Thursday 30th June 2016
Students who are holding an offer of a place at one of the BSV consortium schools are expected to undertake a two day Induction event on Wednesday 29th and Thursday 30th June. Please note these days are compulsory. During Induction you will have the following opportunities:
- A chance to sample AS/BTEC qualifications that you are looking to study through the delivery of vital taster lessons;
- An opportunity to collect summer work (bridging tasks that will be set in taster lessons). This work is to be completed during the Summer holidays and handed in during the first lesson in September;
- An opportunity to meet new students, both external to Beaumont / Sandringham /Verulam and those who will study in each of the three schools from Consortium schools;
- A chance to meet the Head of Sixth Form, and other members of the Sixth Form team.
Where do I go?
Beaumont: 8.40 am Main Hall. Here you will be given your Induction pack and other information to guide you through the two day programme.
Sandringham: 8.30am Sixth Form Centre. You will be given an individual booklet and timetable with full details of the induction programme. Please collect your Induction pack from the sixth form centre. The day will continue with an assembly in the Sandpit theatre where you will be welcomed by Mrs Mouncey (Director of Sixth Form) and Ms Summers (Performance Director: Year 12) Current Sandringham Students will help you to find your way around and staff will be on hand at all times to help you.
Verulam: 8.30 am School Hall. You will be registered on arrival and given your individual timetable for the induction days. The induction will begin with Mr Ramsey (Headmaster) followed by members of the Sixth-Form team. There will be guidance from current Sixth-form students throughout the two days.
What should I wear?
Beaumont: casual clothes which are appropriate for a school environment. This means limited flesh exposed and no beachwear or similar.
Sandringham: We expect all sixth form students to set an example to the rest of the school through their high standard of business-like dress and the way they present themselves. During induction you are expected to wear smart clothes, including a jacket (no denim).
Verulam: You should wear smart business dress for the two days. Training shoes or denim are not acceptable.
What do I need to bring with me?
- Notepad and pens – you will be completing work in your lessons.
- Lunch or money for lunch. The sixth form café in each sixth form centre will be open all day selling hot and cold drinks and snacks. At Verulam you can use cash in the canteen at break or lunch. Alternatively you may use vending machines in the sixth-form centre.
What time will I finish?
Beaumont: 3.25pm on Wednesday and at lunchtime on the Thursday.
Sandringham: Some of the lessons on Wednesday afternoon will finish at 4pm, others will finish at 3pm. We will finish at lunchtime on Thursday.
Verulam: You will finish on Wednesday at 5pm following time with you tutor and a Freshers’ Fair. You will finish at lunchtime on Thursday.
How do I get to Beaumont / Verulam?
Minibuses run at break and lunchtime. If you are studying a subject at one of the consortium schools then you will need to make your own way home. Likewise, if you are studying a subject at one of the consortium schools on Thursday morning, you will need to make your own way there at the start of the day and get the minibus back to your home school at break time.
We look forward to seeing you on the 29th June.
If you have any further queries please e mail the sixth form administrators: